This page features all of the officially announced upcoming features in Warframe and tracks what is known to currently be in development. This InDev page will only list items shared on official sources.
- Prime Information
- Cosmetics & Customization
- System Reworks / Overhauls
- Rewards and Progression Systems
- User Interface and Account Management
- Coming Soon™ (features discussed on official channels over a year ago)
Next Prime frame: Hydroid Prime
Other Prime features: Ballistica Prime (Secondary), Nami Skyla Prime (Melee), ??? Prime Sugatra (Melee Cosmetic), ??? Prime Armor (Warframe Cosmetic). Shown in the TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel. (Hydroid shown at 26:54)
For more information on prime warframes, check the Warframe Release and Prime Log.
New Warframe Concept: Glass Theme
- Revealed to be a Glass-themed warframe with both hardened and molten glass. This warframe will be released with a glass shotgun and hammer as well. (TennoLIVE 2017)
- One of the first warframe concept shopped since Mynki’s departure from Digital Extremes. Credits to this warframe’s concept goes to Scott. Only a colorized sketch was shown, details about the warframe and it’s theme are still under lock and key. (Devstream 93, TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel)
General Adjustments / Changes (not full reworks):
- Nothing new to share at this time, though a Hydroid revisit was vaguely mentioned during TennoLIVE 2017.
- Saryn – Miasma. Current Status: Closed. (Design Council Forums)
- Vauban – Minelayer. Current Status: Closed. (Design Council Forums)
- Zephyr – Tailwind. Current Status: Closed. (Design Council Forums)
Reworks in progress:
- Nothing new to share at this time. It is possible that Hydroid may get a rework, but it’s unclear if it was a serious remark in the back and forth during TennoCon 2017 (TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel).
- Glass shotgun, kunai, and hammer will be released with the upcoming glass-themed warframe. See above Warframes section for images. (TennoLIVE 2017, TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel)
- Custom crafted weapons available from the Cetus Colony with the Plains of Eidolon. (TennoLIVE 2017, TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel)
- Only the Tip customization portion will be counted toward Mastery Rank. Riven Mods will potentially be segregated by Tip type. (Devstream 96)
- There will be a ‘lesser’ version available at a low cost for players to experiment with before committing to a more permanent version. The greater version will be acquired through the Ostron faction in the Cetus Colony. (Devstream 96)
- Orokin Razor Fan
- A new melee weapon type (shown at PAX East which was not recorded) is still under development. Some of the animations are nearly complete and shown on the Devstream.
- Pump Shotgun(s)
- New Grineer weapons were revealed at TennoCon 2017’s Art Panel alongside of the previously shown Corpus pump shotgun.
- Unnamed Pump Shotgun (Devstream 91): Appears to be Corpus-themed.
- More items were included in a “Corpus Bundle” at TennoCon 2017’s Art Panel.
- Tenno Pump Shotgun (Devstream 84): Animations and models are still being worked on. No ETA available. (Devstream 88)
- The Lunaro Arcata is coming for PvE (Devstream 78)
- Development on this weapon has been on hold for a while now. There is not an ETA for its arrival or when development will resume. (Devstream 88)
- This weapon utilizes the Lunaro ball by launching it at enemies to deal damage. It is considered a new school of throwing weapon (no comment was made on stances). You attack enemies by throwing the ball or can use shoulder checks and tackles while you’re carrying the ball.
- Procedurally generated Sentient/Focus-related weapons (2016 PAX East Panel, Twitter)
- Even still in development as of the TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel and suggested to be related to the Sentient Outpost concepts.
- Still in development as of Devstream 85. It will be a new class of weapon which still uses an ammo system. Damage with this weapon is meant to be rewarding for skillful play.
- Still in early concept stages. Images shown below (combined with upcoming Sentient enemy design)
Reworks and Changes:
- The early Beta weapons Lato and Braton Vandal variants might make a return, but no ETA was given. (Devstream 77, Devstream 94)
- Nothing new to share at this time
Kubrows and Kavats
- More Kavat species are planned but no information was shared on what they might be yet (Devstream 82).
- Nothing new to share at this time.
- “Plainswalker” mods were revealed at TennoCon 2017, but no official source is yet available for these items. They are set items with bonuses for completing the complete set. Name is… not official. I made it up as a placeholder :V
- Potentially a new iteration upon the Peculiar Mods discussed at PAX East 2017.
- Older mods which have become outdated (such as status-only weapon mods) may be revisited before Damage 3.0. (Devstream 86)
Vanity or Peculiar Mods
- Peculiar Mods – No official stream available, just a Periscope stream – PAX East 2017. Around 47:36 here: Steve’s Periscope. Likely that these were scrapped or changed into the Set Mods shown at TennoCon 2017.
- Meant to be vanity/cosmetic rewards without any combat value. They are being designed as status items rather than combat mods.
- Refer to the Warframe section above.
- Nothing new to share at this time.
Melee Stance Mods
- New polearm stances are on the way with Plains of Eidolon. (TennoLIVE 2017)
- Animations are currently being worked on and progress was shown on Devstream 96.
Nothing new to share at this time. “There hasn’t been a lot of talk about Arcanes in a very long time.” (TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel)
- A new teaser cinematic was shown at TennoLIVE 2017: Warframe – The Sacrifice Teaser. No additional details were provided.
- Warframe China received Excalibur Umbra Prime whereas the global release of Warframe will receive Excalibur Umbra (non-prime). (Devstream 58)
- Only confirmed that Excalibur Umbra is coming to the global build. Everything else is still TBD (Devstream 61) Considered to be Coming Soon™
- The Umbra reveal is intended to be on par with the Focus System reveal. DE does not want to give away any more information than necessary, but it is currently being created and not just a concept at this point. (Devstream 74)
- There will be a third quest following The War Within which will feature/unveil the Umbra and provide a deeper exploration of what the warframes are. (Devstream 79)
- Acknowledged on Devstream 85 (2), but no new information has been shared at this time.
- A “Mission Builder” is on the way for Clan Warlords soon™. You can select a mission type, tile set, enemy level, which enemies to populate the mission, a VIP to protect, and an NPC ally to spawn in at the start of the mission. This is just an early version of the idea and DE will probably consider balance concerns in regards to spawning in specific enemy types to create hyper-efficient farming missions. (Devstream 81)
- Officially announced on Devstream 92 as being absorbed into the upcoming “Kingpin” (aka Nemesis) system.
- DE has an open thread taking suggestions for mission ideas on the Official Forums.
- Plains of Eidolon – Warframe – Plains of Eidolon – 17-minute Gameplay Demo. A new open world area seamlessly blended together with a player hub. The gameplay area will be limited to a squad (1-4 players) in a 9km2 area with a day and night cycle and procedurally generated enemies. The landscape itself will be static. This new game mode will feature quests, minigame (such as fishing), archwing flight (with standard weapons, not archwing weapons), wildlife, enemy factions, Sentient foes, new resources, and more.
- Target launch date is in September 2017. (Devstream 96)
- Optimization for older hardware is a priority consideration for development of Landscapes. (Devstream 96)
- More gameplay and environments were shown on Devstream 96.
- Archwing gameplay is still being iterated upon, but the primary focus is to utilize it as a movement system. There are also plans to eventually add a more seamless option to call it with a key bind rather than a deployed Gear item. (Devstream 96)
- Trial mission design is on hold until further notice (Devstream 75, Tenno Live 2016)
- Content from the trials, such as tiles and parkour objectives, can be expected to make their way into standard missions in the future, however. Note: Infested Salvage, a new mission type in Update 19.5, plays very similarly to The Jordas Verdict Stage 1 Decoding.
- Further adjustments to the Sortie reward table are being considered. (Devstream 85) Not likely to change at this time, though Steve often mentions they continue to look into reward models for the game.
- Archwing missions might be added to the Sortie mission tables at a later date, after further polish is given to the Archwing game mode. (Devstream 86)
Relics & Fissures
- Nothing new to share at this time.
- DE is exploring options to draw players to the Kuva Fortress. Possibly a new lore oriented drop related to an upcoming new character. (Devstream 85, Devstream 85) Two new stances habe been added already: Sovereign Outcast for the Tonfa weapon class from Heavy Kuva Gunners, Cyclone Kraken for the Machete weapon class from Exterminate bonus caches. Synthula alerts are only generated on this node as well.
- Nothing new to share at this time. Some archwing flight gameplay will be coming with Landscapes.
- Still in development as of Devstream 86. Resembles an RTS with indirect PvP, but still competitive in nature.
- The return of Dark Sectors will place a greater emphasis on exploration and offer a way for your Clan to work together and expand. The Specters (introduced in Specters of the Rail) may also player a role in the Dark Sectors. (Devstream 77)
- Dark Sector rework is in progress (Devstream 69)
- It will be a communal activity rather than a PvP one. No longer contested locations. (Devstream 71)
- DE is planning to return to the method of using events to introduce and test new content (similar to the Survival Weekend Event). After the event is over, DE will take a bit of time to fine-tune it and then reintroduce it as a standard gameplay mode in the future. (Devstream 81) Recent examples include:
- The Index Preview paved the way for The Index (a Corpus variant of Rathuum, aka Arena mission) which was permanently added in Update 19.5.
- The Pacifism Defect introduced the Evacuation game mode which was permanently added in Update 21.
- The Ambulas Assassination rework was introduced in Operation: Ambulas Reborn (Update 20.4) and remained as a permanent change.
- DE plans to make events happen more often in the future. (2016 PAX East Panel, Devstream 73) Note: There have been events since both of these points, but not at a regular frequency as implied.
- The Plains of Eidolon and Cetus Colony will feature a variety of quests given out by NPCs. (TennoLIVE 2017)
- There will be a quest for the Umbra reveal which will provide a deeper exploration of what the warframes are. (Devstream 79)
- A Stalker gameplay mode is still being experimented with, but there are not any concrete plans to deploy it as of yet. (Devstream 96)
- This feature was demo’d at TennoCon 2017 off camera – players could assume control of the Stalker and invade another player’s mission. Abilities are restricted and you are given the Stalker’s weapons to work with. This feature is technically possible on the live version of the game, but can only be accessed through a developer version of the game. That is to say, they were invading actual players who were not at TennoCon.
- Gameplay was also shown off on Prime Time #173.
- Player ships with mission capabilities. The goal is to allow players in a squad to weave in and out of Archwing for gameplay with a “team ship” for missions. The design is inspired by Solar Rails with the intent to allow players to travel through the system; squads can form up on these ships then go off on a mission. The ship has a modular feature which allows it to change form for travel and for combat. (TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel)
- It is clarified later in the stream that these are ships planned for use at a Clan level and reaffirmed that they will be related to Dark Sectors, though it is uncertain just how connected they are at this point. (TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel)
Cetus Colony and the Plains of Eidolon
- A relay-like hub for players (up to 50 players per instance) will serve as the gate to a new open-world mission area. (TennoLIVE2017)
- Sentient Outpost concepts were shown at the TennoCon 2017 Art Panel. The concept was a Sentient Cathedral of sorts. The gameplay version will be likely focused on the first Sentient outpust used on the path to the Tau system. The scale of these outposts will be massive and incorporate themes of how the Sentients adapat to danger by rebuilding themselves. (TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel)
- HDR support is inbound for XB1 with plans to take it to as many platforms (Devstream 81)
- Will likely arrive for consoles first and then make its way to PC (Devstream 85)
A variety of environmental and graphical changes are on the way (Devstream 81):
- DX12 and Vulkan are being considered long term but are not currently in development. They will be explored further after HDR support is implemented and UI rendering is improved. (Devstream 85) Note: Update 20 included adjustments for 4K UI, but more changes may be on the way.
- More information on UI rendering here: Devstream 85.
- Vertex planes are being added to tiles to allow for more randomization
- New art tools for creating some more randomization across similar items. Unclear if this has been implemented or not yet – I assume it has been.
Volumetric Lighting(Added in Update 19: The War Within)
- Mirror rendering
- New Corpus units are on the way. (Devstream 90)
- Grineer Ghouls, as featured in the Top Cow Productions comic, are currently being worked on. Considered to be one of the lowest tiers of the Grineer military hierarchy and a suicide bomber type of foe. (TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel)
- A variant of the Ghoul which will appear on Earth as well as the Plains of Eidolon was shown on Devstream 96.
- Grineer Sawmen will be coming along with a new weapon. There are plans to eventually allow players to use that weapon as well, but new animations are required. (TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel)
- Grineer drop ships concepts are being worked on. (Devstream 94)
- Shown in gameplay at TennoLIVE 2017.
- A new chemical warfare Grineer elite force is being created. (Devstream 92) The Nox unit has been added to the game as the first of the new Grineer forces.
- New Grineer units are on the way. (Devstream 90) Appears to be the Ghoul units later revealed at TennoCon 2017.
- Infested Eximus units will be receiving “weakpoints” which leave them invulnerable to damage until the weakpoints are destroyed. The higher the enemy level, the higher the chance of a weakpoint (or multiple weakpoints) appearing. (Devstream 87) Potentially scrapped or sent back to the drawing board.
Hunhow and the Sentients
- Sentient colossus enemy: Eidolon. Only appears at night within the Plains of Eidolon. (TennoLIVE 2017)
- Upcoming Carrier Sentient enemy. Deploys new Conculysts/Battlysts by absorbing the essence they disperse when destroyed and using that to empower a new unit. (Devstream 87)
- Upcoming Exo-Suit Sentient enemy (2016 PAX East Panel)
- The Shadow Stalker’s Acolytes may be making a return to the game in a new way. (Devstream 85)
Miscellaneous NPCs and Factions
- Ballas was shown at the TennoCon 2017 Art Panel, described as the “entry point” of designing the Orokin society. (TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel)
The Dark Sector rework is in progress, but it will no longer be direct PvP. Refer to Gameplay – Missions above.
Dedicated Servers – Volunteer System
- Crowd-sourced dedicated server improvements are planned. They are currently limited to Windows operating systems and appears to require a full installation of Warframe. Pending the success of these servers it is possible to expand upon it in the future. (Devstream 73, Devstream 76, Devstream 77, Devstream 78, Devstream 81) These servers have been implemented, but sources will remain available on this page until further plans for PvE are unveiled.
- Changes are coming to Shields in the near future (soon™). Digital Extremes is experimenting with the mechanic of Shield-Gating — a way to prevent excess damage from spilling over to health when shields are depleted. (Devstream 79)
Upcoming Warframe C&C
Vandal and Wraith Color Options
- Vandal and Wraith weapons have had their alpha color channels updated as per the TennoCon 2017 Art Panel. Re-colorization options are coming soon™! (TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel)
- Two new alternate helmets are on the way: One for Equinox and one for Octavia. (Devstream 89 – 2) Octavia’s alternate helmet was released with Octavia’s update, but the Equinox helmet has been indefinitely delayed due to a file corruption issue – Devstream 93.
- Ember Deluxe Skin. (Devstream 84)
- Mag Deluxe Skin (Devstream 82)
Note: Both of these skins have been on hold over the last few months. Geoff mentioned that they will revisit them at some point during TennoCon 2017.
Upcoming Weapon C&C
Nothing new to share at this time. Weapons from the Plains of Eidolon are not considered under this section because they are more than just a vanity item.
Upcoming Companion C&C
- Nothing new to share at this time.
- Nothing new to share at this time.
- Nothing new to share at this time.
Upcoming Operator C&C
Armor and Weapons
- Operator weapons and armor are on the with with the Plains of Eidolon. (TennoLIVE 2017) Note: These may serve as combat items and not just cosmetics.
Upcoming Miscellaneous C&C
- New decorations are coming for the Orbiter and possibly the Dojo. (Devstream 85) Some of these were leaked in Update 21, but quickly removed.
Armor Customization for Warframes
Per-Item Accessory colorization options are confirmed to be on the way. (Tenno Live 2016, Devstream 80, Devstream 84) As it turns out, this had not been assigned as a task until Devstream 91. It may be limited to having separate options for just the syandana and all armor pieces share the same colors still. Confirmed on Devstream 92.Currently live, but only as a split between Syandanas and Armor.
- This was a follow up to Mynki’s acknowledging statements in Devstream 72.
- Damage System changes are on the way, but DE is being cautious about implementing them all at once. (Devstream 79, Devstream 80). Note: Riven Mods are not likely part of this discussion… or at least don’t seem to be.
Changes are still planned, but no details have been shared at this point (Devstream 83).
- Damage 3.0 will be placing a greater emphasis on re-balancing enemies rather than re-balancing weapons/mods. (Devstream 85)
- Gameplay will still be oriented around the few against many, but not necessarily include AI overhauls for common enemy types. (Devstream 85)
Concerns with “must-have” mods are being discussed internally (Devstream 44)No longer the focus as of Devstream 85.
- There are plans to “take a sledgehammer” to the Focus system and get it up to speed with the new systems introduced with The War Within, but no details have been shared at this time. (Devstream 83)
- Planned to be a priority for early 2017. (Devstream 85) As we’re nearing the third quarter of 2017, this is likely not the case.
- Nothing new to share at this time.
- Syndicate Quests (refer to Gameplay – Missions above)
- Syndicate Warframe augments (refer to Equipment – Mods above)
- Syndicate Weapon augments (refer to Equipment – Mods above)
- Nothing new to share at this time. See above for details on the rework.
- Nothing new to share at this time, but it was discussed on Devstream 83. Heavily implied to be related to the upcoming Syndicate Assassination/Salvation content – refer to Rewards and Progression Systems – Nemesis.
Helminth Cyst permanent removal is planned to arrive soon. Once the Syndicate Assassination/Salvation system is fully implementedthere will be a new way to reinfect yourself. (Devstream 85, Devstream 85) Removal has been implemented. The Syndicate Assassination/Salvation system has been dropped or absorbed into the “Kingpin” system (still tracked here under “Nemesis”).
Plains of Eidolon
- The Cetus Colony and the Plains of Eidolon will feature quests. (TennoLIVE 2017)
- Replayable quests were planned for Update 19. (Devstream 74) Some replayable quests are now available, but not all.
- They are still being worked on as of Devstream 81, but there is not an ETA for the widespread functionality.
This system will also reveal the mystery behind the Infested door (and presumably the door opposite of it) on the Orbiter. The enemies are individual to the player and designed to scale with your level. If you fail, the enemies become more powerful. This new system will have the players make stakes for rewards: If you fail to accomplish the task, you will lose Syndicate standing. It is intended for long-time players as another piece of the overall Warframe endgame (Devstream 81)
All of the above could potentially be scrapped as of Devstream 86.
- Now being referred to as only “Syndicate Assassinations” by the developers. No mention of “Salvation” was made on the stream.
- Will be a Clan-based system in the Dojo.
- Procedurally generated enemy cells will be created for a Clan to chase after a kingpin by defeating its sergeants and lieutenants.
- Rewards are still being worked on.
Now being referred to as “Enemy Cells.” (Devstream 87)
- The closer you get to the kingpin at the head of an organization, the more they fight back against you. It is an evolved version of how the Stalker marks a target for defeating a boss and then attacks in another mission.
- Clans will also be receiving a new “Rank” system in the near future which will impact your Clan’s options for Enemy Cells. The more Enemy Cells you take down, the more (core) structures you build in your Dojo (not decorations/hallways), the more research your Clan completes, the more your Clan’s Affinity/Rank will increase. The new rank system will retroactively be added for Clans which have already built/researched items. Most of this system is planned around group activity, but solo Ghost Clans were acknowledged.
- A quick preview of the upcoming Clan Affinity System UI was shown on Devstream 89.
- New unique enemies are being made as VIP targets for the Nemesis system. (Devstream 91)
- The Cetus Colony is a Relay-like hub for players to interact with each other and with merchants. Several merchant booths are shown and many of the items they are showing can be purchased. Some were specifically mentioned as being potential decorations for your Orbiter. (TennoLIVE 2017)
- Melee weapon crafting is coming with the Plains of Eidolon update as a part of the Cetus Colony through Hok’s Anvil. Players can select a custom Strike, Grip, and Link part to create a custom weapon. Each part will affect the stats and the stance of the weapon. You will also be able to name the weapons you craft. (TenoLIVE 2017)
Nothing new to share at this time.
For the things we’ve heard were coming up Soon™ or being worked on which have not been updated or spoken about in over a year.
- Archwing exploration-based mission was being worked at one point, but not implemented because it was not “compelling” (Devstream 75)
- Environmental Hazards 2.0: Rather than being random mission variants you cannot plan for, environmental hazards will become temporarily active on a node and display information when selecting a mission so that players can prepare their loadouts for the mission. (Devstream 73)
- Mods like Combustion Beam
are being worked on right nowwere being considered to have scaling benefits as opposed to flat bonuses. (Devstream 72) New mods have been introduced to the game which offer some scaling, but not as described on this Devstream.
- * New, larger Archwing enemies (Devstream 71)
- Confirmed privately that this has not been progressed on since concepts.
- * Adjustments to Bleedout (Devstream 70)
- Confirmed privately that no other changes are expected.
- * Improvements to Warframe scaling (Devstream 69)
- Short list of changes since:
- Mag’s rework removed the scaling mechanics based on enemy stats.
- Original rework plans shared for Volt included scaling based on enemy level, but was not implemented as such.
- Nidus’ abilities have a synergistic scaling, but not based on enemy stats.
- Octavia has some form of scaling with Mallet based on enemy damage dealt to it.
- Limbo’s rework has scaling based on enemy stats.
- Confirmed privately that this is still being worked on.
- Short list of changes since:
- Zephyr Deluxe Skin (Devstream 67, Devstream 67 Official Overview). Shown below on the left is the original display. The images to its right are new versions as of Devstream 79 – the energy wings glow on performing bullet jumps and using abilities.
- Still being worked on, but there is not an ETA (Devstream 85)
- Stance Mod acquisition methods are being experimented with, but nothing is set in stone yet. (Devstream 67)
- New methods have been brought in with The Silver Grove update for select stances, but not to the extent discussed in this Devstream.
- Sortie token system (Devstream 66) Note: Three iterations have been made to the Sortie reward pools. Tokens might not be off the table, but not likely to come.
- * Private Chat Channels (Devstream 61) and further chat improvements (Devstream 65) are planned. Images of a mock-up are shown on DS61 while DS65 announced plans to launch the changes in Update 19. Note: Some more improvements arrived with the Specters of the Rail update, but not the full scope as described on those Devstreams.
- Confirmed privately to be on hold at the moment.
- Immortal skins are planned for all new warframes (Devstream 63)
- No source, but was privately confirmed to no longer be on the docket… and then a “new lease on life”! More details to follow soon™.
- Mastery Rank Assignments: The requirements of MR on various gear will be adjusted. (Devstream 59) Note: Minor adjustments were made in Update 20.
- Player-created quests (Tenno Live 2014)
Nightmare version of The Jordas Verdict (Devstream 50)
- As mentioned elsewhere on this page, further Trial development is currently on indefinite hold.
- Nef Anyo (Devstream 51, Official Devstream 51 Overview) are in development.
- Dagger rework was mentioned along the lines of the Shotgun and Sniper reworks (Devstream 50)
- Still a possibility, but expect another type of blade to see some work done first.
- Dojo Obstacle Course changes. Possibly modular creation tools for Clans to make their own. (Devstream 44, 2016 PAX Australia)
- * Adjustable UI which allows players to resize UI elements individually. (Devstream 23)
Items with an asterisk (*) at the beginning have been privately confirmed to no longer be in development. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a source for these claims.
For the things that were mentioned in Devstreams and other official sources but not expanded upon to a concrete degree. More than a “yup” but less than “we’re working on it right now” and generally reserved for less intensive tasks.
- The animation team wants to get around to completing a Landing Ship to Orbiter docking animation. (TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel)
- The developers are considering allowing the use of the old Arcane Helmet effects with different skins. (TennoCon 2017 – Developer Art Panel)
- Alert state modification for enemies in Captura (and possibly Simulacrum). (Devstream 92) Some improvements arrived with Update 21.1.
- Lore expansion for the ‘creator of all mods’ behind the Riven Mods. You can see the current proof-of-concept here: Official Website. This page was launched with The War Within update, but there has not been an expansion upon it. Steve hopes to tackle it in the future. (Devstream 92)
- MOA companion for players. (Devstream 92)
- More Prisma weapons, but with more uniqueness. (Devstream 92)
- Operator Cosmetic customization slots (i.e. A, B, C). (Devstream 92)
- New incentives to go back to Earth. (Devstream 91) So far the only carrot added has been the Forgotten Rare Containers and the new Captura scenes within them.
- Zephyr rework. (Devstream 90)
- Rebuilding Relays as a community-wide event. (Devstream 90)
- The return of wall running is something the developers want to get to. (Devstream 90)
- Cloth physics for Volt. (Devstream 88)
- The “Chroma” unit from Dark Sector may be added as a stealth-focused enemy in the near future. (Devstream 87)
- Further gameplay options in light of The War Within for the new Transference system are being considered and experimented with, but nothing is finalized yet (Devstream 83)
- Animation for and unlocking more areas for the Operator are on the way (Devstream 83) Note: The Operator can perform some emotes.
- A Focus System overhaul is being considered as the next main focus after The War Within launches (Devstream 81)
- Improvements to Kavat Genetic Code acquisitions are being considered (Devstream 81) Note: New Alert missions with Genetic Codes were added.
- Dojo 2.0 is still planned, but not the main focus of development right now (2016 PAX West) Note: This may have been intended to be more about Clans in general and the Clan Affinity system added in Update 20.
- Re-assigning color values for Chroma’s elemental affinity energy color options (2016 PAX East Panel)
- Confirmed privately to not have been put on the docket.